Yes, you read that right, I am going to be moving out of the house I have lived in for over 25 years. My beautiful 90-year-old one bedroom, one bathroom house. *cries* WHAT! Why are you moving you ask? Simple, my father is getting re-married. If you follow me on twitter or Facebook you will see I am talking about a B all the time. That is Brenda. Currently she lives in Pineville, Missouri which is about two hours away from here. She was planning on moving into this area & the relationship between Dad & her have just moved that plan ahead. So they are getting married (yes, it is ok), & since I refuse to share a bathroom anymore (I figure 33 years is long enough) we have to move. Yeah, there are other reasons as to why we are moving & I will get into those.
We already have a house in mind. We are going to view it Saturday morning with Brenda. This is the fun part. It is basically a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom house. The third bedroom is just a bed in an alcove. So in the summer we would build on another bedroom/office for Brenda & Dad. It is in the small town where the office is. Actually it is within walking distance to the office. I may get to loss all that damn weight I want, lol. But there are things that I told Dad that I would have to have in order for me to agree to this marriage & move. I think he was a little worried about these, but they proved to be just fine. I asked for:
- A TV
- A DVD player
- A second hub for my computer
- A desk for computer
- A bathroom of my own (I will share with guest, but no one else)
- My babies (dogs)
- Privacy & no one enters my room without my knowing *have to have my own place with no one around*
Dad agreed to all this (makes me wonder if I shouldn’t have been more demanding about things, lol. We have agreed that since they are going to build on I get the master bedroom. Since I am so used to compact living, I think I will get everything I want into that room. So going into my new room will be:
- Double bed (mine since I have figured out why Allie couldn’t jump up on it)
- Table (nightstand/end table)
- Chair (non-office)
- Office Chair
- Dresser (my 5ft huge heavy one)
- DVD Player
- Probably yarn
I think I can make half the room my sleeping area & half my work area. Yes, I consider my knitting my work cause I do it so often. Does it pay? Nope, but I don’t mind. If I can do this, then the alcove where the third bed is can be used for storage or something else with the other bedroom being used for guests.
So basically, my world is going to change again. Hoping for no more seizures beyond the one I had in Brenda’s house Sunday night. *long story, went places I shouldn’t*
Oh, you want to know the bonuses for moving????
- Internet at home (can’t get it now due to location of house)
- Air Conditioning (Mom refused to have it, planned on getting it once house was clean)
- A nurturing woman who will cook *wonderful* meals for us (she is a wonderful cook & loves to cook)
- A woman who loves to travel just as much as Dad & I do. Already thinking about four road trips to different states. *Yes, Jessica it means I may actually get to come see you* *Grace, I don’t think Canada is on the agenda, but you never know*
- Dad happy (happiest I have seen him in 10 years)
- Did I mention I will get internet at home?????
- TV in my bedroom
I know some of this is not a big deal to you, but to me it is. So yeah, I think this move is going to work out. As for Brenda & me? Yeah, it is going to take time but I think we will work it out & get along. If I get to upset, I will just retreat to my room.
So yeah, this is going to be a good move & a bad move. I am sure there are going to be bumps ahead, but we will handle them one way or the other. Wish me luck!