That is the question. So we went to the doctor last week. Gave him the following symptoms:
- Pain in the neck, shoulder, hip, knees, elbows, wrists, hands, fingers, torso, & basically all over.
- A general weak feeling on most days.
- Problems getting to sleep & staying asleep.
- Difficulty concentrating and retaining new information.
- The feeling as though my arms and legs are weighted down by concrete blocks and my body is so drained of energy that every task is an effort.
- If I exercise then I just feel worse & in more pain.
- Repeat headaches even though I take Topamax to prevent these.
- shortness of breath – could just be I am out of shape
- feeling faint
- nasal congestion
- painful periods – hell I never stop having mine
- muscle weakness
- tingling sensations
- chemical sensitivities
- premenstrual syndrome – according to my father, I always have this problem *bite me*
- balance issues
After reading these again, I just don’t understand his thinking. He ups my Paxil (for my anxiety) & gives me another anti-depressant that is supposed to help me sleep. He also informed me that since I was depressed *umm…hello? How about you walk around in pain all day long every day & never feel better? Then lets talk depressed* that was why I was hurting so much. Excuse moi? Since when was he in my body? If he was then we are going to have some serious discussion. But even with all those symptoms he won’t diagnose me with fibromyalgia nor does he want to order the tests to rule out any other problems. I honestly want to scream & throttle him. But that wasn’t how I was raised.
So he sent me off with the instructions of get more sleep & exercise more. Ok. So this is what my days look like now.
- 06:15am – wake up (been sleeping at parent’s house because I hurt too much to go home)
- 06:30am – finally manage to drag my painful self out of bed
- 06:45am – I have managed to get dressed & am sitting in the kitchen to take my morning medications (anti-anxiety, anti-seizure, & multi-vitamin)
- 07:00am – In Dakota (mom’s suv) on the way to breakfast at Crane Cafe (little hole in the wall but wonderful food)
- 07:15am – Sitting at the Cafe & ordered two eggs scrambled & biscuits & gravy *yeah, I know how healthy*
- 08:00am – Finished breakfast & on the way to Mom’s work.
- 08:20am – At mom’s work, laptop set up & connected to everything. Now I can begin.
- 08:30am to 01:30pm – coding designs, cross stitching, reading, walking, etc.
- 01:30pm – closing everything down & putting it up. Getting back in the car. By this time my pain level has normally doubled from what I woke up with.
- 01:30pm to 06:00pm – Normally, Mom & I go to the public library & we surf the internet. Along with me walking & doing my normal walking exercises.
- 06:00pm – Closing down to go to supper.
- 06:30pm to 07:30pm – Supper of Ruby Tuesday *normally* of which I usually have grilled white fish & steamed broccoli. *not everything I eat is bad for me*
- 07:30pm to 08:45pm – heading back home in Dakota. By now my pain level is just shy of making me pass out. But I normally can keep it under control enough that my parents don’t know.
- 08:45pm – Home at last. *You don’t even want to know where my pain level is now* Now I change clothes to my nightgown & go back to the kitchen to take my nighttime medications (anti-seizure & sleep aid).
- 09:00pm – I head over to my house if I am not in too much pain or if I am not twitching. If I am in too much pain or twitching then my father sleeps on the floor & I sleep in his bed.
- 09:00pm to approx. 02:00am – *if I have gone to my house* reading in bed & playing with my babies.
- 09:00pm to approx. 10:00pm – reading in Dad’s bed.
- from either 02:00am or 10:00pm depending on which house I am at to 06:15am – sleeping *I hope*.
- 06:15am – Start all over again
This is my normal day. The only days that are different is Friday through Sunday. On Fridays I get to sleep in & stay home all day. So I sleep in until noon & then spend the day watching DVDs & walking around the house for my exercise. On Saturday the family usually goes to the library & I get my exercise there. On Sunday is the catch up day. We may stay home or we may go out. But I sleep in if possible.
Now I ask, where in there am I supposed to add a exercise routine? I already exercise, but Doc wants me to do more. Hell, what I do now just about kills me. But I want to go back to him in October & tell him that I did everything he told me & it still didn’t help. Next step or else. :furios: :furios: I will get a diagnoses of something. :worried: